Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Coming along.......

Here are some more shots of our chair rail/showdow boxes project.. its coming along very slowly!!! Still nowhere close to being completed yet !!paint is all over the place since painting it a nice thick coat makes it look perfect lol!!!We love how its turning out!! Makes the foyer look so fancy!!

 And some new furniture has arrived.. I have been looking for a coffee table/ end table set to coordinate with the rest of the wood furniture and kitchen cabinet color for a while now and found this set on wayfair.com for a great price !!! The pics are a little dark sorry ! .. Paint on the accent wall is Latte from Sherwin Williams and the rest of the walls are kilim beige .. We were thinking of roman shades for the windows in here, the ones that hold the balloon shape to them from Hunter Douglas.. maybe a chair and a lamp in the other corner and this room will be FINALLY finished.... Geez.. I didnt think it was going to be so hard filling this 20ft room lol!!!!..... I do LOVE coming home though :)What have you guys done with your windows?? no coverings? curtains? Cornices??

 The morningroom fan is finally up!! fan and rug from Home depot !! Same accent colors...

12 comments:

  1. Once again, love the chair rail going up/down the staircase. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shadowboxing in the foyer! I can't wait to do that. I love your furniture layout in the family room too. I am struggling so much with window treatments. I really want to do curtains, but I can't seem to figure out the right color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the shadow boxing! Where did you get the material? We are going to do the same thing so I am so happy to see what yours looks like on the same house! We are so excited to move into our Victoria Falls! Yours looks amazing all decorated and furnished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! We ordered our chair rail material from home depot online.. The HD here doesnt carry the particular material we used for that. The shadow boxing wood was from Lowes and they sell it in the stores !! :) hope that helps !!

      Delete
    2. It does!! Thanks! It looks beautiful!

      Delete
  4. foyer looks great! i wanna try to DIY this myself but i'm 'fraid. i put up curtains this weekend (after fiddling around with them the entire month of march) i will post pics this weekend if i get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really nice! I can't wait to add trim, molding and chair rail to our house. In due time…I keep telling myself. Perhaps in 6-8 months from now after we paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O M G, your house is like the model, how amazing, you family room is HUGE, ours is so tiny, its the worst room in the house. You have done an amazing job!!

    My windows look like yours bare.....I just don't know what to do either!! thank goodness the back of the house faces the woods.

    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the espresso sectional!! I admire the two of you for going after the DIY projects! It looks so lovely!! We are still working with the temp blinds and keep the less obvious windows uncovered for now! I like the morning room windows open. I don't plan to do any window treatments until my interior design is near completion. Each room is fragmented with the exception of the adult guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Nice job on all those tricky angles! The chair rail and molding is something we definitely want to do once we are in our new house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! Can't wait to see more!

    Jen
    http://buildingourabode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the positive comments Everyone !!!

    ReplyDelete