Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Can this be legal???? Any lawyers out there??ADVICE PLEASE.......

Ok..we just got off the phone with our gas and electric company. They informed me that Ryan homes submitted the rebate claim for our furnace and thermostat on January 25 2013.....WHEN WE ACTUALLY OWNED THE HOME. ....That cant be legal??... The rep told me that they used their old acct gas/electric number which was closed ....well their system had to pull my active account number and it couldnt verify, so they wanted to audit the claim and that is why I recieved the letter in the mail..... So in order to recieve any energy efficient rebate through our gas and electric company you NEED AN ACTIVE ACCT NUMBER... So they tried to get a claim without an active acct at my address!! And submitted it when I owned the home......we only have so many members....so anyone reading this ..please inform your friend ..neighbors..that are building ryan homes and check to see if this is going on everywhere......if you ran into this please let us know what you did....ANY ADVICE.???

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea about any of this rebate stuff... I'm interested to see what happens with this. I'll be speaking with my PM Friday for our weekly update, so I'm going to see what he has to say. We were never informed of any rebates whatsoever.

    This shady business is so frustrating and it really decreases your confidence in RH and their business practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I have no idea if they did that with ours or not. I wasn't aware of any rebates we could get like that via our electric company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make sure I ask my SR and PM about this kind of practice.

    They already mark up their upgrades/options and now they also try to use our home address for rebates. Sounds very sketchy.

    ReplyDelete